Friday, October 2, 2015

#WNAC2015 - Holo Splatter Nails Using Bear Pawlish

Happy Friday!  The first full week back from vacation is always the longest week of all time and I'm glad this week is almost over!  It also doesn't hurt that a co-worker brought in breakfast for everyone.  Today I have the first #WNAC2015 prompt for October - splatter!  I did cheat a little for this manicure, because I used the saran wrap method instead of the splatter method, but I just didn't have time for the time-consuming cleanup or enough time to make decals.  So I choose a less messy way. :)




This month's theme is holo.  I don't own many holos, but Bear Pawlish She's a Fish Killer, is one of my favorites.  It is a cherry red linear holo that is absolutely beautiful.  For swatches, see my previous post here.  For this mani, I started with a base of OPI My Vampire is Buff.  I used straight nail vinyls to tape off the side of each nail to create the sideways french tip (does that have a more official name?) using She's a Fish Killer.  I then used saran wrap to sponge on She's a Fish Killer over the nude part of each nail.




I wasn't overly thrilled with how it turned out, but has grown on me now that I've worn it a few days.  I'm really glad the holo shows up in the splatter portion of the nail.  My sister-in-law even suggested that is looked like strawberry swirl cheesecake, which immediately made me like this mani more!  I hope everyone has a great weekend and Go Gators!

--
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Really nice! Its a great manicure to wear for Halloween too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! It does look like blood splatters! :)

      Delete
  2. I really like it! Haven't tried this with holos, yet, I should!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...