Saturday, October 31, 2015

#WNAC2015 - Holographic Halloween Nails

Happy Halloween!  I had planned on having this post up yesterday, but my computer decided to hide my pictures from me and I happened to find them today, so all was not lost!  This week's prompt for #WNAC2015 is Holoween.  My fiance and I dressed up as a dead bride and groom for Halloween (see Instagram for pictures!) and I knew I wanted to paint my nails black.  Since I knew I had to incorporate a holo polish for WNAC, I decided to go with Zoya Storm.



While on vacation in Kentucky last month, I had to go stalk the polish displays in Rite Aid, since we don't have them in Florida.  While there, I found this cute jack-o-lantern polish bottle with black and white skull glitters.  Since I wanted to add a little something to my black nails, I decided to fish out the white skulls and place one at the cuticle on each nail.  Which, by the way, was a pain in the butt!




I used one coat of the polish on each nail and stuck the white skull glitter in it, and followed with a nice thick coat of Seche Vite.  The skull polish also had some small opalescent glitter, which you can kind of see in a few of the pictures.  I was just glad that it didn't dull the holo of Storm.  Overall, this was a simple mani, but perfect to go with my Halloween costume.  I hope everyone had a safe and fun Halloween!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...