Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Twinsie Tuesday - Favorite Food

Since this week is Thanksgiving here in the U.S., I decided to create a mani based on my favorite Thanksgiving food.  Not to toot my own horn, but I make a mean sweet potato casserole as my contribution to my family's feast.  It is sweet and I'm constantly told it could almost be considered a dessert!



The topping for my casserole is a combination of crushed corn flakes, pecans, and brown sugar (no marshmallows involved in this casserole!).  For my nails, I decided to do an interpretation of my sweet potato casserole.  I started with a base of Orly Ginger Lily.  To represent the topping, I added some crunched up corn flakes at the cuticle on each nail.




This was definitely a fun mani, and not a for real one.  I hope everyone in the U.S. has a great long holiday weekend and remember what you're thankful for this time of year.  And don't forget to check out the favorite foods of the other Twinsies!


Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amanda at Fashion Footing
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Claire at Kerruticles
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Marisa at Polish Those Nails
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Savannah at Addicted to Polish
Sharon at Behind Green Eyes
--
Sarah

14 comments:

  1. This is just so crazy, I love it!! Happy Thanksgiving x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Sharon! I had fun with this one, but I definitely wouldn't wear it for real! :)

      Delete
  2. Super fun that you stuck crushed corn flakes on to your nails. Great interpretation of your favorite food though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! It was fun to think a bit outside the box for a change!

      Delete
  3. Ha you took the food theme literally!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! It was fun to do something a bit crazy!

      Delete
  4. Gah, these are so fun!! The base polish you used is a really lovely color too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a really good sweet potato casserole! I like how you translated it into a mani... Such a fun look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha, how funny. I didn't think about being so literal. Great one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you! I wanted to have some fun with this prompt!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...