Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Twinsie Tuesday - Inspired by Your Favorite Movie

I am very excited to share with you this week's Twinsie Tuesday mani.  This week's theme is inspired by your favorite movie, and my all-time favorite movie is O Brother Where Art Thou?  If you haven't seen it, it is a reinterpretation of Homer's The Odyssey, taking place in Depression-Era Mississippi.  This movie also features one of my favorite soundtracks, as the music plays an important role by helping to tell the story.



My inspiration for this mani was the jumpsuits the main characters (Everett, Pete and Delmar) wear in the beginning of the movie when they initially break out of the chain gang.  This can also be seen on the cover of the movie.  The whole movie was actually filmed with a sepia filter, and it was not added later.  This was my reasoning for not doing a perfect black and white striped prison uniform.  I started with a base of OPI My Vampire is Buff.  I then sponged on Ulta Taupe on a Rope randomly on each nail.  Once dry, I added straight vinyls from Nails Redesigned to create the stripes using Sinful Colors Black on Black.




I really love how this turned out, and it turned out exactly how I envisioned.  I could seriously never get tired of this movie and could watch it over and over.  And being the fan girl that I am, I have to include some of my favorite quotes from the movie.  Be sure to check out the other movie-inspired looks from the other Twinsies!

"Well ain't this place a geographical oddity - two weeks from everywhere!"
"You two are just dumber than a bag of hammers!"
"Damn! We're in a tight spot"
"We ain't gonna paddle his little behind.  We're gonna kick it - kick it real hard."
"Cow killer!"
"She R-U-N-N-O-F-T"
"We stumbled upon a whole gopher village."


Savannah at Addicted to Polish
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Claire at Kerruticles
​ ChiChi at I'm Just Me...ChiChi
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Amanda at Fashion Footing


--
Sarah

26 comments:

  1. I love that movie so much!! It's brilliant, I need to watch it again soon. The mani turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon! I had myself laughing just thinking about the quotes last night - I'll have to watch it this weekend!

      Delete
  2. I've never seen the movie so thanks for explaining! I love that base!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not know the movie, but I love the sponging effect ^^ looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen that movie, but your sponging under the stripes looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen the movie, but I love this design!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen the movie but I love the way your mani came out! ;) I like the sponging you added to the nude base before the stripes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely adore everything about this! Makes me want to bust out my copy of this movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chelsea! <3 I think I'm gonna watch it this weekend!

      Delete
  8. Oh gosh, another film I've never even heard of. Nice recreation of the prison uniforms though (just Googled some images!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehehehe I love that movie and this manicure interpretation is spot on!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...