Friday, November 20, 2015

#WNAC2015 - Shattered Glass

Happy Friday!  Today's #WNAC2015 prompt is shattered glass.  This is a new nail art trend that I've seen popping up everywhere in the last month or so, and I like that it was included in this month's prompts.  For the most part, everyone has used opalescent nail foils to create this look.  Since I knew I would not be able to find any in time to do this prompt, I got creative.  I saw on Instagram where someone found tissue paper at Dollar Tree with an opalescent finish.  So, much to the dismay of my fiance, we searched high and low at the Dollar Trees in town, only to come up empty handed.  Instead I ended up with this crazy holo paper instead and decided to go with it!



Since the paper was silver, and I tend to have a difficult time photographing silver, I didn't want to layer it over silver polish.  I decided a dark base color would make the silver paper pop, and went with Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Navy Baby.  I then cut the holo paper into tiny pieces and applied them haphazardly on my nails trying to fill as much of the blank space as possible.




Yes, this mani is pretty much a hot mess.  It looked cool in real life, and I would definitely wear this to a concert, but not for everyday.  My fiance said it was my "Michael Jackson hand," since it was reminiscent of his sparkly glove.  I would really like to try this technique again some day, but preferably with opalescent paper, since I really like the look of those manis.  Have a great weekend!

--
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Your shattered glass manicure looks super fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to try with opalescent paper..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see your attempt! Once I find opalescent paper I definitely want to try this technique again!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...