Friday, November 13, 2015

#WNAC2015 - Watercolor Nails

Happy Friday!  Let me start by saying having a day off in the middle of the week really threw me off, so I'm especially glad it's Friday!  Today's prompt for #WNAC2015 is watercolor, another technique I've never tried.  While doing some research, I found this tutorial by Nails by Jema on Youtube, and followed it for creating my own watercolor design.



I actually used the lids off 2-liter soda bottles for creating my watercolor paints (who knew being lazy and not taking out the recycling would pay off?).  I only have fine point Sharpies, so it made this slightly more difficult, but I still think it was easy enough to execute.  I started off with a base of OPI Be There in a Prosecco.  I created my watercolors using blue, purple, and green Sharpies and rubbing alcohol.  I then used a small nail art brush to paint the colors on each nail. 




While mine didn't look exactly like Jema's, I was still pleased with the outcome and how easy a technique it is.  It ends up with a really cool marble effect that I've not done before!  I definitely see more water color designs in the future!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...