Thursday, December 10, 2015

Florida Gator Nails - UF vs FAU

Hello!  Sorry for falling off the face of the earth last week!  We were out of town attending a wedding Thursday-Saturday, so I haven't had a chance to get any posts written up!  I'm behind on my Gator nails, so slowly but surely I will be posting them in the next week.  Today I have the nails I wore to the UF vs. FAU game.  This was third game I attended this year, and as per usual we tried our hardest to lose, but did eventually beat them in overtime.



For these nails, I started with a base of OPI My Vampire is Buff on my index and middle fingers, and China Glaze White on White on the other three nails.  Then using my Color Club orange and blue Gator polishes, I painted overtop the white.  While this dried I started making my stamping decals using Sinful Colors Black on Black and the Color Club polishes.  Once the decals appeared to be dried, I added a layer of topcoat to make them easier to pick up off the stamper and applied them to the nail.




I actually wore these nails when we went out with friends as well, and received a bunch of compliments!  This is definitely one of the few successful attempts at nail decals I've had.  I look forward to trying this technique more!

--
Sarah

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...