Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Twinsie Tuesday - Holiday Mani

Hello! I know I haven't been around much this month, but we're back with one final Twinsie Tuesday prompt inspired by the holiday season.  Last year I picked up Sinful Colors Holiday Rebel, a glitter topper made up of metallic red and green glitter, and holographic silver glitter.  I decided to do a glitter gradient on bare nails, a look I've never tried out before.



I started with a coat of base coat.  I then used the sponge technique to create the glitter gradient on each nail.  I then finished it off with two coats of Seche Vite to seal it in and smooth out the glitter.



I really, really love this look!  I will definitely have to try it out again with other glitters.  I never expected to be a fan of the negative space look.  As you may have seen on Instagram yesterday, this mani only lasted two days, but I did really love it while it lasted!  I hope everyone has a happy holiday season!

Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amanda at Fashion Footing
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Claire at Kerruticles
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Marisa at Polish Those Nails
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Savannah at Addicted to Polish
Sharon at Behind Green Eyes

--
Sarah

14 comments:

  1. I don't think there could be a more Christmassy glitter. You chose well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! The glitter is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't done a glitter gradient in forever! I like this negative space take on it :) too bad it didn't last that long... Did you use peel off base?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! Nope, no peel off base. I think it may be my body chemistry with most base coats, because this happens often! Which can be great for removal...except for when you want to wear a mani for a few days.

      Delete
  4. simple but festive and sparkling, good work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...