Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Twinsie Tuesday - Grey and Gold

I am really excited to share today's nails with you, as I LOVE how they turned out.  This week's Twinsie Tuesday prompt is grey and gold.  While my base color ended up being a lot darker grey than I had anticipated, it still fits the prompt and I am super pleased with how it turned out.



For this mani, I started with a base of Essie Stylenomics, a dark grey creme.  I'm typically not the biggest fan of Essie's formula but Stylenomics had a good formula, which was not overly thin.  It was also nearly a one-coater.  I then sponged Pretty and Polished Heist onto each nail using a cosmetic sponge.  You can't see the fine gold flakies as much as I had anticipated, but I'm still glad I added this layer.  I then stamping using China Glaze Passion, a metallic gold and a rose image from Born Pretty Store stamping plate BP-L024.




I am absolutely in love with this mani.  I have recently been very frustrated with stamping, so this successful attempt has reinvigorated my desire to keep at it.  I'm also hoping to purchase a few of the stamping polishes from Born Pretty Store for my birthday, to hopefully continue my interest in stamping.  Be sure to check out the other grey and gold manis from the other Twinsies below!


Sharon at Behind Green Eyes
Savannah at Addicted to Polish
Sara at The Call of Beauty
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Marisa at Polish Those Nails
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Claire at Kerruticles
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Amanda at Fashion Footing
Amanda at Amandalandish
Alaina at The Little Canvas

--
Sarah

12 comments:

  1. The gold roses you stamped are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so elegant and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Alice! I was impressed too - I can never stamp this well!

      Delete
  4. Haha my grey base ended up darker than I was expecting too but I still think it looks great! I love the stamping :) sometimes I have issues stamping thicker lines / wider areas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! Stamping is so hit or miss for me - I always end up testing two or three images before I find one that will actually work. The roses were my first attempt and they stamped so well, I went ahead and did all ten nails!

      Delete
  5. This design is so pretty. The whole look screams vintage and antique to me....which I really like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stamping. I thought I already had this plate, but I don't. I think I need to change that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it! It's my favorite stamping plate!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...