Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Twinsie Tuesday - Shattered Glass

Hello!  Today, the Twinsies are back with shattered glass nails.  Shattered glass nails were a major trend in 2015.  This technique is typically executed using iridescent nail foils.  Back in November, I attempted the shattered glass technique using holographic filler paper from the Dollar Tree.  While not the same look, I did like how it turned out.  This time I decided to go a different route.


I decided to use a flakie polish to create my shattered glass look.  A few years ago, Sinful Colors Green Ocean was one of the most sought after polishes.  Submitting to the craze, I of course searched for it (and found it while on vacation I believe) but have never used it, until now!



For this mani, I started with a base of Native War Paints My Favorite Sweater HDF.  I picked up several NWP polishes on sale around the holidays, and should have swatches up soon.  My Favorite Sweater is a beautiful blue-green teal with gold shimmer.  I then placed the flakies from Green Ocean on my middle and ring finger nails for shattered glass accent nails.



In hindsight, the colors may have been too similar, and were a bit hard to photograph.  But fortunately, thanks to daylight, I was able to get a few good shots without using flash.  This usually doesn't happen since I don't home until after dark everyday.  Be sure to check out the other shattered glass looks below!




--
Sarah

16 comments:

  1. I used flakies too ^^ Did you place them one by one? They look great ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice! Yes, I placed them one by one, which wasn't as difficult as I expected it to be...but I still didn't want to do a full mani!

      Delete
  2. I love green ocean! I searched for it too but I've only worn it once so far lol. I like how the colors are similar actually :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! I thought the shimmer in My Favorite Sweater would look really cool with the iridescent flakies, and surprisingly I was right!

      Delete
  3. I like your interpretation of the theme. It works really well too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shattered glass is a really neat nail effect! I've tried the confetti and glitter sparkle polishes, but I like the edginess and 80s vibe of this. And that blue-green hue is gorgeous!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours you picked, it looks like sea glass :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! Green Ocean works great for this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I can't believe you placed those flakies by hand - so much patience! (PS - you've put 2017 in the opening paragraph instead of 2015!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire! And thanks for the tip - my sister in law told me I had the wrong year, and even when I re-read my post I still didn't catch it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...