Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Twinsie Tuesday - Words

I wasn't quite sure what to for this prompt.  Then I remembered I had some water decals from a Fingr's nail art set I picked up several years ago.  I wasn't sure if they would still be any good, but they did work well enough to create this mani!  I previously used these water decals in a "love letter" Valentine's Day nail design from two years.



I started with a base of OPI My Vampire is Buff.  I then used the dry brush technique to add the sparkly gold of China Glaze Mingle with Kringle.  I then applied the water decals to each nail.



My goal with this mani was to create an aged look to the "paper" the words were written on.  I also wanted to finish the look with matte topcoat, but cannot find my matte topcoat anywhere!  I reorganized a lot of my polish during the holidays, and now I can't find anything.  Be sure to check out the other Twinsie's looks below.

Sharon at Behind Green Eyes
Savannah at Addicted to Polish
Sara at The Call of Beauty
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Marisa at Polish Those Nails
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Claire at Kerruticles
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Amanda at Fashion Footing
Amanda at Amandalandish
Alaina at The Little Canvas

--
Sarah

12 comments:

  1. I couldn't find my favourite topcoat after cleaning up either! This looks fantastic, love how it looks like pages from an old book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon! I am constantly misplacing nail art supplies, but I at least can find things better BEFORE I organize!

      Delete
  2. I just love the old rusted look to these nails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the aged look :) the addition of the gold really makes this mani! Haha I have trouble finding stuff after I reorganize too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look awesome! The base that you created is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You achieved the aged look really well - well done :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...