Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Twinsie Tuesday - Coffee Inspired

Today is Tuesday, so the Twinsies are back!  This week's prompt is coffee inspired!  I'm not a big coffee drinker (unless it's in frappuccino form), but I can definitely still appreciate coffee.  I decided that doing a watermarble would recreate the look of liquid creamer swirled in coffee.



I started with a base of Deborah Lippmann Ya Got Trouble, a dark copper color with a gold/rose hued shimmer.  I then did a watermarble using OPI Be There in Prosecco and clear basecoat.  I'm definitely not the best watermarbler, but I'm really happy with how my thumb, index, and middle finger nails turned out.




Overall, I'm happy with how this turned out!  Be sure to check out the coffee-inspired nails the other Twinsies came up with!





--
Sarah

13 comments:

  1. This looks neat! I really like the design a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to do a watermarble! It really does look like cream mixing into coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we kind of had the same idea but yours turned out so much better!! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, great minds! I love your watermarble too though!

      Delete
  4. Yum! As I'm sipping my afternoon coffee right now, I definitely see the resemblance. But it also reminds me of swirled milk chocolate and white chocolate candy bark. Maybe I'm just hungry...lol Have a great weekend!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look good enough to drink! (Or eat - I don't know if you have it in the US, but they really remind me of Galaxy chocolate wrappers).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked up Galaxy and its sold as "Dove" here in the US, and it does look like the wrapper!

      Delete
    2. Oh yes - I just Googled Dove and that absolutely is Galaxy!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...