Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Twinsie Tuesday - Mix N Match

I'll be honest, I didn't put a lot of effort into today's mani.  I was really busy over the weekend and now I've started coming down with a cold, and just didn't feel motivated to put together a mani.  I finally came up with an idea last night, however once it was finished I did not like it.  But of course I didn't have time to do something different!




For this mani, I started with a base of elf Purple Dream, a metallic purple polish.  Purple Dream was a beautiful one-coater with no streaking.  elf polishes really do have a great formula if you can stand the smell!  As accent nails, I added a coat of elf Gina Girl to my middle and ring fingers.  Gina Girl is a mix of purple, red, green, and gold hex glitters of varying sizes.  Of course in my photos, you can't see the glitter at all though...




In order to create the "mix n match" part of the prompt, I decided to use a collage plate from Born Pretty Store, BP-L002.  Since this image is large, I was able to pull five independent designs from it for each nail.  This way there was still some symmetry between the nails, but they were still kind of mix n match.  Make sure to check out what the other Twinsies have come up with!



--
Sarah

18 comments:

  1. The stamping is just lovely! The different design on each nail is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this came out beautifully--and I love that purple!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This mani is incredible! So the nail plate is like a stamp then? I see all these amazing fashion manicure videos show up on my Facebook feed, and they intimidate me so much! lol A stamp doesn't seem horribly scary though. I just know I'd end up on Pinterest Fail. And probably with good reason.

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! The technique is a bit tricky to master (I'm definitely not an expert), stamping involves a metal plate with a design etched into it. You then layer polish over the image, and scrape off the excess polish using an old credit card, so the only polish left is within the design. You then use a smooth rubber stamper to "pick up" the image and stamp it on the nail. It definitely can be tricky, but metallic polishes work the best.

      Delete
  4. This is really nice!! Love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gold and purple together! I can see a bit of the glitter peeking through :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colours. Hope you're beginning to feel a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire! I am finally starting to feel better, thank you!

      Delete
  7. reminds me of Cadbury's chocolate wrappers mm... Lovely Mani the purple and gold looks great xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It does look like Cadbury wrappers!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...