Thursday, March 3, 2016

Twinsie Tuesday: Pastel Watermarble

Yes, I know today is Thursday, but I am just getting around to posting my marbled nails for this week's Twinsie Tuesday prompt.  Lately, I have been feeling more adventurous towards watermarbling, so I decided to give it a whirl for this prompt.  I had originally planned on using some of my Native War Paints polishes (swatches coming eventually!) since they're supposed to work great for marbling, but I couldn't get them to behave.  Instead, I decided to go with some Nails Inc. minis I received from my sister in law for my birthday.  Ironically enough, today is her birthday, so Happy Birthday Julia! (since I know you're reading this).



I started with a base of China Glaze White on White, which I really need to get a back up of, since mine is getting low!  I then used three polishes from the Nails Inc. Spring-Summer Gel Effect collection: Regents Place, Cornwall Road, and Chiltern Street.  These are three lovely pastel cremes, that I can't wait to use on their own!



It's only taken me four years, but I'm finally getting a handle on watermarbling.  I'm still no master, and this is pretty much the only design I can do, but I'm pleased!  I especially love my middle finger nail.  AND I did my right hand, though it's definitely not as pretty as my left.  I hope everyone enjoyed my pastel watermarble, so be sure to check out the other Twinsies marbling manis!



--
Sarah

8 comments:

  1. Such a pretty pastel water marble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours together! I can't get nice petal shapes still... I always just end up with random patterns haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is the first time that I've been successful! Usually I can only get one or two nails to look decent and the rest are a hot mess!

      Delete
  3. Fab! You did a great job, and the colours go well together too. I've never mastered this design - must be braver and give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claire! This is the first time I've truly been successful! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...