Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Twinsie Tuesday - Tulips

Happy Tuesday!  This week's prompt is tulips!  I used this mani by Newlypolished as my inspiration.  For my mani, I started with a nude base of Nails Inc. Colville Mews as the base.  Colville Mews is from the Nails Inc. spring collection, which I also used in my pastel watermarble mani.



Colville Mews is nearly a one coater and a gorgeous nude for my skintone.  I then used acrylic paint to paint the tulips on each nail.  I started with the lighter pink and purple for the base and then went back and did the detail work with the darker shades of pink and purple.  I then layered a coat of Seche over top to finish everything off.



I received so many compliments at work on these nails.  Everyone thought they were decals and didn't believe me that I painted them myself.  I really need to remember to do more acrylic work since I love how it turns out, especially since my fiance got me a huge assorted package of acrylic paints for Christmas...that I finally just broke into to do this mani...  Be sure to check out the tulip manis from the other Twinsies below!


Sharon at Behind Green Eyes
Savannah at Addicted to Polish
Sara at The Call of Beauty
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Marisa at Polish Those Nails
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Claire at Kerruticles
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Amanda at Fashion Footing
Amanda at Amandalandish
Alaina at The Little Canvas
--
Sarah

6 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...