Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Twinsie Tuesday: Inspired by Fabric

Hello!  The Twinsies are back this week with manis inspired by fabric.  For my mani, I started searching Pinterest for patterned fabric to see if I could find inspiration.  When I previously had this prompt for another challenge, I decided to recreate the pattern on one of my shirts.  So I wanted to do something different this time!  I found this image and decided I wanted to recreate it on my nails.



For this mani, I started with a base of Parallax Polish Destiny.  Desting is an shimmery, icy blue (see swatches here).  To create the mottled orange and pink floral design, I used Born Pretty Store stamping polishes #10 (orange) and #11 (pink).  I have never tried using multiple stamping polishes at one time, but I love the results!  I put random drops of each color on the plate and then scraped the excess away, merging the colors.  I then picked up the image and stamped traditionally.




I absolutely love how this turned out!  The stamping is gorgeous (if I may say so myself) and I will definitely be doing more gradient and stamping using multiple colors at once.  I also really like how Destiny shines brightly underneath the stamping.  Overall, I am super pleased with how this turned out and received several compliments from family and friends.  Be sure to check out the other Twinsie's manis!



--
Sarah

6 comments:

  1. These look great. I like all the different colors to the design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful gradient stamping Sarah! It's definitely one of my favourite techniques... So easy to do too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! I have never tried it before, but it was really easy - definitely a technique I will be using again!

      Delete
  3. Super neat! It's like print mixing with glitter polish and a scroll-print stamp. I definitely see the printed fabric inspiration. The color combo is inspired too. Wild, fun, and summery!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...