Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Panic! at the Disco Inspired Nails

Panic! at the Disco is one of my favorite bands, but I've managed to miss them every time they've been to Florida the last few years ago.  So when they came to Tampa a few weeks ago, we went - it was only eight years since the last time I saw them!  I tossed around several ideas and browsed Pinterest for Panic! nail art inspiration.  In the end, I went with a simple mani that matched my outfit.  Are there any other P!ATD fans out there?



It's no longer available, but here is the shirt I wore to the concert.  It was perfect for the hot, humid evening.  To match the pink and coral colored flowers in the shirt, I used Pure Ice Dreamy for the base.  Dreamy is a coral jelly polish with iridescent pink and blue glitters.  And to emphasize Panic! exclamation mark, I used acrylic paint to draw the exclamation mark on my ring finger on each hand.



If I had had more time, I wanted to stamp black leaves over Dreamy to simulate the shirt more.  I was afraid the black stamping would take away from the black exclamation mark though, so I decided against it.  I may have to do another mani inspired by this shirt!  I've been making an effort to go through some of my older polishes to try and give them more love, so keep an eye out for more older polishes over the next few months.

--
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Pretty color from Pure Ice this is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww fun! My favorite band, Tegan and Sara, just released a new album, so I can't wait until they go on tour near me! I've seen them in concert almost every year since I was a freshman in college 12 years ago. I'll have to do a T&S-inspired outfit for the next concert, and if I'm brave, maybe a mani!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz! I definitely tried to use some of your styling techniques for my concert wear. I also knew it would be REALLY hot, so I went simple. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...