Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Twinsie Tuesday - Negative Space Lace Nails

Sorry I'm a little late getting my Twinsie Tuesday post up!  I had my nails done, but hadn't gotten around to editing pictures and writing a post.  We had a busy but fun weekend supporting the Gator Baseball team in the NCAA Regionals and going fishing with family.  I actually did these nails over the Memorial Day holiday weekend, as I made them to match my bathing suit when we went to the beach!



For this mani, I started by stamping a lace image from BP-L005 and using a white stamping polish from Born Pretty Store.  I then used chevron nail vinyls from Nails Redesigned to create the v-shaped french tip on each nail using Pure Ice Home Run.  Once dry, I outlined the green tip using China Glaze Mingle with Kringle.




Overall, I'm really happy with how this turned out.  Negative space is typically not a technique I gravitate towards, but I really like how this turned out.  My ring finger nail had recently broken around the time I did these nails, and I think the french tip helps to hide the major length difference.


Sharon at Behind Green Eyes 
Savannah at Addicted to Polish
Marisa at Polish Those Nails
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Claire at Kerruticles
Amber at NailsLikeLace
Amanda at Fashion Footing
Alaina at The Little Canvas

--
Sarah

6 comments:

  1. This is a super neat one! It's another mani that feels like print-mixing or color/pattern blocking. Plus, I love mint everything right now.

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! I love mint everything ALL the time! :)

      Delete
  2. I really like the mint and gold together :) I like how you stamped the negative space area too! Yeah I agree the French tip makes the length difference less obvious... Hope your nail grows back soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! The nail I broke has a long nail bed, so it's not so obviously short. It's grown out to match it's sisters, but I've since broken another! Hopefully I'll be evened out by the TT post!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...