Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Lilac Gradient with Inverse Gradient Stamping

Happy Tuesday!  I apologize for being absent so far this month - work has been crazy busy!  The Twinsies are also on break this month, so I haven't had a post for you.  Today I have my contribution to this week's #maniswapcircle.  Our theme was lilac and I recreated a design by @glitterglossfun.



As you can see in my comparison post on Instagram, the design I chose to recreate a gradient manicure with inverted gradient stamping.  I've actually never done a mani like this.  I have only recently attempted stamping with more than one color at a time.  Since lilac was the color theme for this week, I decided to create a purple and white gradient using Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Lacey Lilac and Essie Blanc.  Once dry, I used BP-L001 and purple and white stamping polishes from Born Pretty Store.



Overall, I'm very happy with how this mani turned out, and look forward to trying out this technique using other colors.  Things will probably continue to be a bit slow during the month of August, but rest assured, things will pick up in September with the start of college of football.  I will be starting my fifth consecutive season of Gator manis!  In case you are unfamiliar with this series, I do an orange and blue mani each weekend of football season to support my Florida Gators.  You can see past manis in the tabs at the top of the page.

--
Sarah

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...