Friday, September 9, 2016

Florida Gator Nails - UF vs UMass

Hello and welcome to the fifth annual installment of my Gator Nails series!  As anyone who has followed the blog for awhile knows, I am a huge Florida Gator sports fan (and not just football!) and every fall I do orange and blue nails in support of the Gators for each football game.  Today, I have the nails I did for the first game of the season against UMass.



For this mani, I started with a base of Essie Blanc.  Once dry, I used chevron nail vinyls from Nails Redesigned (now out of business) and applied them at an angle near the tip.  Everyone was encouraged to wear blue to the UMass game, so I decided my nails should be predominately blue.  I used my Florida Game Day Duo by Color Club to add the orange and blue.




Once dry, I applied a coat of Seche Vite.  Overall, I loved these nails and got a ton of compliments on them throughout the weekend.  The game was a bit messy (including the weather) but we pulled out a 24-7 victory.  This weekend we start SEC play against Kentucky.  My fiance and I traveled to Kentucky last year to attend this game and will be in the Swamp to cheer on the Gators this weekend.  Hope everyone has a great weekend and Go Gators!

--
Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Looking at all five manis, this is definitely my favorite. It's like a stairway, and the Gators are climbing their way to victory! lol I'm so, so painfully corny. Football season has started, which means I've lost Kyle to fantasy football, and my weekends will be spent making chili, nachos, and wings. I'll wear maize and blue on U of M game days, but I don't have sports jerseys or anything. Doing a maize and blue mani sounds fun for something different!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...