Friday, October 21, 2016

Black and Orange Lace Nails

Hello!  This week has been crazy busy for me, and I've come down with a cold again, so my apologies for only having one post this week.  These nails are my #ManiSwapCircle nails from last weekend.  Since Halloween is this month, we went with orange and black colors.  I was partnered with @icicle_halo_ and decided to recreate a pretty red and black lace stamped mani.



For my mani, I started with a base of Sephora by OPI I Think I Cayenne.  I am in love with this color and can't believe I haven't used it sooner!  I then used some lacy temporary tattoos as water decals for my accent nails.  I found out the hard way that true temporary tattoos are super sticky and it was very hard to clean the residue off my cuticles, hence what looks like a poor cleanup job.  I then added three black studs on my index and pinky nails to finish off the design.



I absolutely loved this mani!  While I love Halloween, I'm typically not one for doing holiday-inspired nail art, but this was a fun way to incorporate the colors of the season, and still have it be very fitting for any time of year with a different color palate.  I may do Halloween nails after all this year!

--
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. The orange and black look good together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I really liked how the shimmery orange popped underneath the black. :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a fabulous and dramatic manicure for Halloween! I've seen a lot that are kitschy and candy corn-inspired, but this one is more sophisticated and almost macabre with the black accents. Hope you're feeling better! I'm on the end of my first cold of the fall season, and it couldn't have come at a worst time with moving, but I'm think I'm nearly out of it. Manicured fingers crossed!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! I much prefer manis like this to kitschy, childish manis. I think that's why I tend to use colors as my focus in nail art instead of imagery for holiday nails. I am finally starting to feel better - I hope you are too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...