Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Twinsie Tuesday: Inspired by the Weather

The Twinsies are back today with manis inspired by the weather.  Since my background is in meteorology, I knew I had to pick something good!  I've previously done hurricane inspired nails, so I decided to go with my next favorite weather phenomenon - lightning!



For this mani, I started with a base of Zoya Tove.  I then sponged on Zoya Yuna to create ominous looking clouds.  Then using lightning decals from Nails Redesigned, I added a lightning bolt on my accent nails.  Of course I had some bubbling...so please ignore the little bubble in my lightning bolt.  I used Ulta Sun-Sational for the lightning bolt.  I then finished everything off with matte topcoat.  Of course the topcoat also smeared the lightning bolt...but at least it still looks cool!



I really enjoyed this mani!  It was simple and gave me a chance to use my lightning decals that I had only used once before.  I hope everyone had a good weekend, and be sure to check out the other meteorological manis below!

-
Sarah

6 comments:

  1. The manicure represents the weather so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching lightning! When I'm indoors anyway lol the sponging really looks like storm clouds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! I love watching lightning too! And as long as its not cracking right overhead, I'm outside in it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...