Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Julep Carrie Ann

Hello!  I'm back today with another possible contender for my wedding nails!  This is Julep Carrie Ann, which was in the November Maven box.  Back in July I showed you Deborah Lippmann Dirty Little Secret, a nude holo which is also in the running for my wedding nails. 



Carrie Ann is a sheer nude holo, which is much closer to my skin tone and gives me the "mannequin hands" look.  You can see some VNL on some of my nails, but I'm not completely opposed to that look, and at this time, I am still planning to stamp over whichever base color I choose.  Carrie Ann is also more pink-toned, and if I remember correctly (it's been awhile since I wore Dirty Little Secret), I think Carrie Ann's holo is more pronounced.  Overall, the formula is great for a sheer polish.  Julep continues to impress me over the last year with their improvement in formula over their first few years.  I still don't get every Maven box, but I have picked up a number of them if I like the colors or want to try the makeup item.  And using my Jules rewards points always helps!



I will hopefully have swatches of the other two contenders on the blog in the next month since our wedding is in January and I need to get this figured out!  Once I swatch each polish I'll have to do a comparison post with each of the four polishes I'm considering!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...