Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Twinsie Tuesday: Inspired by Art

Today the Twinsies are back with nails inspired by art.  I've had trouble finding the original artist behind my inspiration, but I believe I have traced it's origin back to this post on Instagram (I originally found it while browsing on Pinterest).



For my mani, I started with a base of Zoya Chita on all nails except for my thumb.  Once dry, I stamped using orange stamping polish from Born Pretty Store and a random stamping plate I've had forever, which is labelled HN-020.  After stamping, I added one coat of Seche Vite to lock in the stamping and smooth out some of the textured polish.


On my thumb, I started with a base of Storm Chaser from the Defy and Inspire brand (a Christmas gift from my brother).  I then used straight nail vinyls to tape off the white (Essie Blanc) and orange (the BPS stamping polish) on my thumb nail, which I used to mimic the paint tube.



Unfortunately the image didn't stamp as well as I had hoped, so all the nails ended up covered in flowers for the most part.  I do like how this prompt made me think outside of the box a little bit and not just draw inspiration from other nail art or patterns I've seen.  Be sure to check out the other art inspired manis below!

--
Sarah




4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...