Monday, February 20, 2017

Purple Lightning

Sorry things have been so quiet around here lately!  Since we got back from our honeymoon, I have been busy at home and work, so I haven't had much time to blog!  I've got back-logged manis to share, many of which you've already seen if you follow me on Instagram.


Today's mani was actually my contribution to the February #maniswapcircle, which we all posted two weeks ago...  I was charged with recreating a mani by fellow Instagrammer, @aurorastucker.  It was fun to be paired with someone who I already follow and admire their nail art!  With my meteorology background, I was immediately drawn to this lightning bolt mani.


The theme for #maniswapcircle this month was rainbow - meaning everyone was assigned a specific color of the rainbow, so that the collage created a rainbow.  I was assigned purple, and knew I could recreate Aurora's fun hot pink lightning design in purple.


For my lightning mani, I started with a base of Sally Hansen Extreme Wear Lacey Lilac.  I then stamped using purple stamping polish from Born Pretty Store and plate 1-01 from UberChic Beauty's first collection.  I then used Zoya Aurora and lightning decals from Nails Redesigned for my accent nail.



I didn't even think about it at the time, but how appropriate was using a polish named Aurora when recreating a mani done BY Aurora. :)

--
Sarah

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...