Thursday, March 16, 2017

Mint Candy Swirls

Happy Thursday - I am so glad tomorrow is Friday!  Today the #AZnailartchallenge group is sharing candy inspired nails!  I decided to create some mint swirls, reminiscent of peppermint hard candies.


For my mani, I started with a base of Pure Ice Home Run.  I then applied nail stickers from the L'Oreal Nail Lingerie line to create the swirled pattern.  I don't use nail art stickers or decals very often, so I've actually been holding onto these for awhile.  I previously used them back in 2014 to create this fun rainbow lollipop mani.  Since I had used these before, I had to trim some of the decals down to fit my nails.  They are definitely intended to be used on a variety of nail lengths, because even though by my standards my nails are on the long side at the moment, I had to trim mani down so the design would be on my nail.



After I applied the stickers and filed away the excess, I added a coat of Seche Vite to extend the wear time.  This caused a slight wrinkling of the decal, which you can see in the white portion, but I think it kind of ads to the overall effect.



Overall, I am very happy with how these turned out.  Be sure to search the hashtag #AZnailartchallenge on Instagram to check out the other candy inspired manis and join in on the challenge!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...