Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Purple Monochromatic Nail Art

Hello!  I am slowly but surely playing catch up on manis I have completed for various challenges but have yet to post!  Today's mani is my "dark purple" design for March's #maniswapcircle, which is in honor of International Women's Day, which was March 8.



For this month's #maniswapcircle, I was charged with recreating a mani by Michelle of @trendynailsandcraftytales.  I ended up deciding on this sideways french manicure design with rhinestone accent nail.  For my mani, I started with a base of Ulta Ultra Violet Femme.  I then stamped using purple stamping polish and plate BP-L008 from Born Pretty Store.


For the accent nail, I used a french tip nail vinyl to mimic the half moon shape of the stamping on the other nail.  I then used Zoya Aurora over the lefthand side, to add the holographic sparkle.  I then added the purple rhinestones to finish off this monochromatic look.



Overall, I wasn't thrilled with this design.  While it did get compliments, Ultra Violet Femme was hard to photograph, so it ended up looking more blue in most of my photos.  I also didn't make the holo portion of the accent nail large enough, so it is hidden by the oversized rhinestones.

--
Sarah

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...