Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Twinsie Tuesday: One-Stroke Flowers

Hello!  Today the Twinsies are back with one-stroke flowers.  This is the first time I have ever attempted one stroke flowers.  I watched several tutorials and went to Sally's and picked up the supplies I thought I needed, but I'm still not sure how well I actually executed this nail art.  I like the end result, but I'm not sure they're really one-stroke flowers!



For this mani, I started with a base of Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Game of Chromes.  I love this gold foil and find myself using it as a go-to polish when I don't know what to wear!  It really is beautiful and I get compliments each time I wear it.  For my flowers, I used two shades of acrylic paint, a light pink and a hot pink.  I ended up having to go over each flower multiple times to build up the opacity...the brush I used also didn't really hold up well once it was wet from the polish.  Once dry, I used yellow acrylic paint to fill in the center of each flower.




My hope was to channel gerbera daisies as my inspiration for these flowers...thought I'm not sure how much they look like daisies.  Overall, I do like the end result of this mani, but I definitely don't think they're true "one-stroke" flowers.  Also, as you can see from the last pic, I am trying out some new lightning for my pics...so keep in mind my hand poses over the next few posts.

--
Sarah



7 comments:

  1. Your flowers are pretty. I like the colors of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute flowers and amazing gold base!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that gold base! The flowers are cute too! Yeah my brush didn't hold up when wet either... The bristles would part in clumps sometimes when wet and it didn't spread like it did in all the tutorials when I pressed down... lol it was so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...