Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Twinsie Tuesday: Inspired by a Movie

Hello!  The Twinsies are back today with nail art inspired by movies.  We've previously done nail art inspired by our favorite movie, in my case, O Brother Where Art Thou?  This time, I had planned on doing nail art based on my second favorite move, The Emperor's New Groove, however I had trouble executing the design I imagined, so I went back to the drawing board.  I ended up deciding on the movie Up as my inspiration.



I purchased Orly Turn It Up on a recent trip to Sally's, and this polish packed full of matte rainbow glitter reminded me of the balloons that carry the house in Up.  For this mani, I started with base of Essie Blanc.  I then added two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Breezy Blue.  I again used Blanc and a small dotting tool to create the clouds on each nail.  I used a black striper polish and then sponged on Turn It Up.




Overall, I think my favorite part of this mani is the clouds.  I don't think I've ever attempted cloud before, and I love how they turned out!  Be sure to check out the other manis from the Twinsies!

--
Sarah


4 comments:

  1. These are so fun and cute. I like that rainbow glitter you used in the design too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Me too! Even if it makes me cry every time!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...