Friday, May 5, 2017

Dry Brush Cupcake Nails

Hello!  I apologize for my absence!  As I've mentioned before, I work at the University of Florida, and the end of the semester is our busiest time of year - getting in grades and prepping for the summer and fall terms!  I've gotten lax on posting (and I'm sorry to my fellow Twinsies for missing our prompt last week!), but rest assured, I have plenty of manis to post and catch up on!  Some you've seen on Instagram, such as today's post, and others have not yet been shared!



Today, I have my "food" nails from last week's #AZnailartchallenge prompt.  I don't have too many food stamping images, so I decided to use this stamping plate I received from Born Pretty Store.  There are several adorable cake and cupcake images on this plate.  I had actually considered doing an Andy Warhol inspired mani using the same cupcake image, but decided to go with the dry brush design instead.



I started with a base of Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Game of Chromes.  This has quickly become my new favorite gold polish.  I also find myself reaching for it as a neutral when I'm in between nail art.  the formula is excellent and goes on with two coats.  I then used the following polishes to create the drush brush pattern: Nicole by OPI How Fairy Nice of You! and Tink's in the Pink, and Finger Paints Dye-ing to Know.  I also used Dye-ing to Know to fill in the reverse-stamped cupcake image.



Overall, I love how this mani turned out!  I will hopefully be back with two posts next week and then back on a regular schedule going forward.  Thanks for sticking it out with me!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...