Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Rose Gold Skittle Nails

Hello!  Today, I have my rose gold nails from May's #maniswapcircle!  This month, I was charged with recreating a mani by @nailsby_kaylav - which proved to be difficult because she had so many gorgeous designs.  I ended up choosing this blue and white skittle mani



For my mani, I used China Glaze Magical, Essie Blanc, and OPI Make Him Mine.  Kayla used a holo polish for her accent nail, but since I knew I had a rose gold colored textured polish, I knew I wanted to use Make Him Mine.  Make Him Mine is from the Mariah Carey liquid sand collection from back in 2014.  I was obsessed with all the textured polishes when they first came out and I picked up minis of this whole collection and swatched them here.

With dots

Without dots

I used the now defunct, Nails Redesigned, nail vinyls and used Magical and Blanc.  Kayla's mani had white dots on her pinky and index finger, however, I couldn't decide whether I liked my recreation better with or without dots!  Let me know what you think!



Overall, I really love this mani.  This is the first mani I've done in several weeks that I've really loved.  I'm really drawn to something about skittle manis, and love when I have executed one well!  Be sure to check out the other rose gold manis on Instgram by searching the hashtag, #maniswapcircle!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...