Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Twinsie Tuesday: Inspired by a Cartoon Character

Hello and Happy Tuesday!  Today, the Twinsies are back with manis inspired by cartoon characters!  This prompt is easy for me since there is so much inspiration!  My husband wanted me to do Spongebob Squarepants inspired nails, but I ended up deciding on Sully from Monsters Inc.  Monsters Inc. is one of my favorite Pixar movies, and I knew I had a perfect polish to represent Sully.



For my mani, I started with a base of Zoya Wednesday.  While Wednesday is a bit more muted of a green than Sully's bright turquoise fur, I still thought it would work well.  I then used Sally Hansen Fuzzy Coat in "Fuzz-Sea" to add some dimension to Sully's fur.  The Fuzzy Coat polishes came out about four (!) years ago and were briefly popular before textured polish really took off.  I'm not sure if I've even used Fuzz-Sea!  The other Fuzzy Coat polish I own, Peach Fuzz, has been featured on the blog once before.




I then used a dotting tool and Avon Bon Voyage Violet to add Sully's spots.  Overall, I think this is a cute and fun mani!  I can't wait to see what the other Twinsies have come up with!


--
Sarah


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...