Thursday, June 1, 2017

Pastel Squishy Mani using Zombie Claw Polish

Today, I have a very long awaited post to share with you.  I originally created this fun look back in March, and wanted to wait until I had swatches of the full Victorious Collection on the blog before sharing a nail art look.  For reference, you can see Part I and Part II of Zombie Claw Polish's Victorious Collection (inspired by the Panic! at the Disco song "Victorious") at the respective links.  Unfortunately, these polishes are no longer available, but you could easily create this look with any pastels and a coat of Pixie Dust! 



For today's look I started with a base of Champagne Pouring Over Us, a nude holo.  I then used Punch Drunk Kiss, Killer King, and Taste Like Magic to create the squishy background.  This technique is still relatively new to me, but I typically put drops of each polish on the stamper head of my marshmallow stamper and then sponge it on each nail.  I don't know if it matters, but I've not tried this technique using my silicone stamper (and I just want to keep it nice forever!).




Once everything had dried, I used white stamping polish from Born Pretty Store to stamp the fishtail/chevron type design from Uberchic Plate 1-01.  I then followed it up with a coat of Seche Vite. 



Overall, I am in love with this mani!  I love when you envision an idea and it works out perfectly once you execute it!  While I know this type of mani has been done hundreds of times, I wasn't necessarily looking at another mani for inspiration when I created this one - which makes me happy as well!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I love this too! The design under the stamping is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...