Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Twinsie Tuesday: Zig Zags

Hello!  Today's Twinsie Tuesday prompt is zig zags!  I'm sure most people's thoughts were of chevrons, but I wanted to do something more unique!  After browsing Pinterest, I decided to use this mani as inspiration and create my zig zags using striping tape.




I have been seeing pastel blue and red being paired together a lot lately, and decided it would be a fun summer color combination. I started with a base of Sinful Colors Cinderella on all nails.  Cinderella was one of those highly sought after polishes 4-5 years ago because of its unique pink shimmer, which you can see in a few of my photos.  I then applied striping tape in random zig zag patterns across each nail and added a coat of Sinful Colors Energetic Red over top.  I then finished everything off with a coat of Seche Vite.



Energetic Red is definitely one of my favorite reds in my collection.  It's such a bright and fun color, and it's blue-toned base looks great on my skintone.  It also doesn't hurt that it is virtually a one-coater!  I only used one coat for this mani.


Overall, I'm very pleased with how this mani turned out.  While not all of my lines are clean, I just find that is the nature of working with striping tape vs. nail vinyls.  Be sure to check out the other zig zag manis from the Twinsies!


--
Sarah


4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...